How confident are you in your Medical Liability insurance? Many basic coverages do not offer the specialized protection you need to cover your assets.
The health care industry continues to be among the fastest growing sectors of the economy. As industry employment and service capabilities increase, health care professionals are at increased risk for professional liability claims.
Allied Medical Coverage, is tailor-made for the health care sector to advise, defend and manage professional liability claims resulting from your clients’ diagnostic, technical, therapeutic or support services provided to the patients they serve. Burns & Wilcox delivers solutions for medical staff, facilities and centers providing patient service.
As a leading provider of wholesale specialty insurance, Burns & Wilcox has the breadth of products and experience you need to provide your clients with intelligent solutions for their healthcare business.
The advances of the past century have transformed medicine into a field on the very cutting edge of progress. But no matter how technologically advanced the field becomes, at some point medical staff have to interpret the symptoms and administer the treatments and that’s when mistakes can be made.
Burns & Wilcox can provide access to Medical Malpractice Coverage that will limit your clients’ exposure to the financial risks caused by allegations of errors, omissions and negligent acts arising from their medical professionals. Burns & Wilcox can provide access to specialty insurance tailored to your clients’ needs.
Coverage Details and Features
- Max $100,000 to $5M subject to some limits on specific benefits
- Pregnancy and childbirth can be covered on group plans for an additional premium
- Semi‐private room and board, and other necessary services/supplies while confined to the
hospital and out‐patient medical care and treatment
- Physician services and related expense for some medical treatment or surgical procedures
- Services of a speech therapist and physiotherapist, when recommended by a physician
- Diagnostic x‐rays and radioactive therapies
- Blood transfusions and blood plasma
- Air ambulance, transportation and repatriation expenses
- Replacement of prescription glasses or hearing aids
- Professional nursing services
- Services performed by a licensed psychologist
- Drugs and medicines, which require a written prescription
- Immunization normally paid for by a Canadian provincial government health plan and allergy treatments
- Diabetic supplies (glucose strips, insulin, and syringes)
- Anesthesia and its administration
- Oxygen and the administration thereof
- Prosthetic appliances, dressings, applied by medical personnel where medically necessary and mechanical aids to breathing and similar supplied made necessary by disability
- Local licensed and registered professional ambulance services
- Dental treatment of natural teeth caused by an accidental blow
At Burns & Wilcox our expertise becomes your expertise. Our marketing materials are designed to help you give your clients what they want to hear – yes to almost any hard-to-place-risk.
Distressed home healthcare risk with large losses. $1M/$3M PL&GL, $1M abuse occurrence form and $1M umbrella
Geriatrics/General practice with $1M/$3M PL
Float therapy including physical/massage therapy with $1M/$3M PL/GL
Applications for this product may vary. Please click below to find the office nearest to you for assistance.Office Locations