The threat of kidnapping and extortion has dramatically increased, not only abroad, but also at home. Whether it is companies with employees traveling, a family on vacation, or even a domestic threat, it seems these emotional, financial and devastating threats of extortion and detention are all too real.
Burns & Wilcox, a leader in specialty insurance, can provide access to Kidnap and Ransom (K&R) insurance to address the concerns of organizations whose professionals or families are at high risk. Our coverage options can be customized for your clients’ specific needs and are unrestricted worldwide.
Coverage Details and Features
- Limits up to $5 million
- Includes reimbursement for money paid for extortion or ransom
- Includes money for rewards provided for information leading to arrest or conviction of perpetrators
- Includes medical, cosmetic, psychiatric, or dental expenses following insureds release
- Includes expenses related to rest and rehabilitation
- Includes coverage for accidental death or dismemberment
- Includes coverage for financial loss pertaining to kidnapped employee’s finances
- Offers immediate access to security consultants and crisis management experts
- Flexible limits to meet all needs
- Low minimum premiums
- Low deductibles
- Defense costs outside the limit available
- Can be combined with General Liability Coverage under package policy for many classes
- Contingent Bodily Injury Coverage and Property Damage
- Coverage available for many classes
- Kidnap and ransom‐ including hijacking and express kidnapping
- Bodily injury
- Property damage‐ including pollution/contamination, trade secrets and computer virus
- Policy periods up to 36 months
- 24‐hour crisis hotline
- Worldwide coverage
- Coverage can be secured on a short‐term basis for individual trips or for an entire organization, including relative and guests or insured persons
- Most submissions are quoted within 24 hours
- Indications available based on preliminary underwriting data
- Ability to offer tailored policies for a variety of risks, including but not limited to: religious institutions, educational facilities, financial institutions, hospitals, and mining corporations
- No minimum premium requirements
- No deductibles required
- Immediate access to the crisis response firm’s consulting services across a variety of topics relating to security and executive protection.
Ask an Expert
At Burns & Wilcox our expertise becomes your expertise. Our marketing materials are designed to help you give your clients what they want to hear – yes to almost any hard-to-place-risk.
Kidnap and Ransom: Applications
Please choose the application that best fits your needs.
- Individual/Family Contingency Insurance Proposal Form
- Questionnaire for Kidnap Ransom Extortion Coverage (Corporate)
- Questionnaire for Kidnap Ransom Extortion Coverage (Individual)
If you need additional assistance please contact your local office.Office Locations