A prized comic book recently sold at an auction for a record-shattering $3.2 million. In another auction, a rare baseball card recently drew a winning bid of $609,294. High-end collectibles have appreciated immensely in recent years. Consequently, connoisseurs are looking beyond the usual big-ticket items such as art and jewelry and purchasing collectibles such as sports memorabilia, comics and musical instruments purely for investment purposes.
However, standard homeowners policies often leave these possessions unprotected. Personal Articles Floater policies can be tailored to the level of protection your clients require, safeguarding their cherished items in the event of damage or theft.
Coverage Details and Features
- Reimbursement available up to 150% of replacement cost
- Single items eligible for coverage
- Scheduled or blanket coverage available
- Breakage coverage standard for fine arts
- Flood and Earthquake included
- Policies from “A” rated carriers in admitted and non-admitted markets
- In-vault rates available
- 30 days coverage for newly acquired items
(including but not limited to)
- Extremely valuable heirlooms
- Fine art
- Musical instruments (including professional use)
- Sports cards
- Fire arms
- Wine collections
- Medical devices
Ask an Expert
At Burns & Wilcox our expertise becomes your expertise. Our marketing materials are designed to help you give your clients what they want to hear – yes to almost any hard-to-place-risk.
Applications for this product may vary. Please click below to find the office nearest to you for assistance.Office Locations