Eighty-nine percent of newly purchased vacation homes are expected to be rented out within their first year. The recent surge in the online marketplace for short-term rentals has introduced new and unfamiliar risks for a large number of individuals. In fact, the number of Airbnb hosts in Canada recently doubled over a two-year period to 70,288.
Many clients may not know that their homeowners policy is unlikely to protect against losses involving renters. This can leave them exposed to costs stemming from renter injuries and property damage. With the rental market only expected to continue growing, ensure your clients have proper protection.
Rentals and Secondary Homes Coverage is designed to protect your clients from short-term or long-term rental exposures.
Coverage Details and Features
- Flexible limits to meet all needs
- Property management companies can be included as an additional insured
- Supporting business not required
- Additional sublimits available for water damage and sewer backup
- Can be written on a comprehensive, broad or standard form
- Available for owners with private lenders
(including but not limited to)
- Coastal homes
- Lakeshore homes
- Mountain homes
- Secondary Homes
- Seasonal homes
- Homes in remote areas
- Corporate and LLC titled properties
At Burns & Wilcox our expertise becomes your expertise. Our marketing materials are designed to help you give your clients what they want to hear – yes to almost any hard-to-place-risk.
Rentals and Secondary Homes: Applications
Please choose the application that best fits your needs.
If you need additional assistance please contact your local office.Office Locations