Home / Commercial / Specialty Classes: Commercial

Specialty Classes: Commercial

Burns & Wilcox offers solutions for a variety of commercial specialty classes. See below for examples of coverages we are able to provide.


A farmer’s livelihood depends on their ability to bring quality products to market. Sometimes best efforts aren’t enough and adverse weather events can impact crops and livestock. Drought, excessive rain, hail, flooding and hurricanes can cause significant damage, and leaving farmers with major losses. To protect their business, it is vital for agricultural producers to have the right insurance in-place to cover loss from adverse weather and other events beyond their control.

Tailored for your agricultural producer clients, Agricultural Coverage through Burns & Wilcox mitigates the financial loss resulting from damaged crops due to extreme weather events. Partner with Burns & Wilcox, a leading provider of wholesale insurance, to gain access to experts who can provide intelligent solutions for your agribusiness clients.


General contractors, specialty contractors and subcontractors are usually required by law or contract to have insurance. Each trade has different risks that need to be assessed when choosing the right coverage. Obtaining the necessary insurance specific to your clients’ needs can help protect their building materials and equipment on the job, in the shop and anywhere in between.

Distributors and Wholesalers

When products sit in a warehouse, they are susceptible to damage caused by fire, wind and water resulting of storms and floods. In order to ensure that your clients’ businesses run seamlessly, it is crucial their assets are protected.

Equipment and Servicing Rental

The equipment required to complete construction projects is highly specialized and requires skill to operate. An important first step for those who rent out equipment is to obtain an insurance policy that protects them from the liabilities of loaning equipment. In the event of an accident resulting in the bodily injury of a third-party, the proper coverage can help protect the renter from costly litigation fees.

Burns & Wilcox can provide access to Equipment and Servicing Rental Insurance for your clients who loan tools and machinery to protect against the exposures faced when operating a rental company. This coverage also includes property coverage for buildings and equipment.


Apartment buildings are more than just a place for people to live – to their owners they are an investment and a source of income. From apartment fires to visitor injuries, owners can be held liable for costly repairs or medical bills. Having the right insurance policy in place will help protect against the financial strain brought on by unanticipated loss or liability.

Health and Beauty

Advancements in procedures and treatments have opened a window of opportunities for businesses in the health and beauty sector. However, this recent industry boom comes with unique risks.

One hair salon recently paid $250,000 to settle a claim stemming from an improper treatment that left a client permanently scarred. Medical spas are also at risk due to the types of face and body procedures they offer. Botox, laser treatments, acid peels, chemical peels, microdermabrasion and other services can lead to serious injuries if not performed by a qualified professional with adequate training and experience.

Health and Beauty Coverage is designed to protect your clients in the event that their services result in injuries or property damages.


Your clients in the hospitality industry specialize in taking care of their guests. As a retail broker or agent, it’s up to you to take care of them and ensure that they’re protected from financial risks. From liquor liability to property damage to employee theft, there are dangers to your clients business that can cause them financial harm. With a comprehensive insurance package, you can protect your client from risk and allow them to focus on their guests.


As manufacturing practices continue to evolve, it is important to obtain insurance coverage to protect against the risks associated with owning and operating a manufacturing business. The proper coverage will protect against potential financial strain resulting from accidents and claims, allowing owners to focus on remaining competitive.

Manufacturers Coverage through Burns & Wilcox provides insurance solutions for your clients that manufacture products from metal, plastic, lumber, fiberglass or other materials. We can arrange for a policy that will protect against instances such as property and equipment damage, bodily injury, theft, and products liability in the event of a third party injury.



A retailer was recently ordered to pay $1 million after a woman slipped on a wet floor inside the store, causing irreversible nerve damage. Slip-and-fall cases are the most common liability claims against retail operations, representing potentially disastrous losses for merchants. Business owners can also be held liable for slip-and-falls that occur in their parking lot.

In terms of property exposures, the most prevalent risk facing retailers is theft, which can lead to inventory losses and potential business interruption costs. Retail Coverage can help with property claims, including theft, fire and water damage, as well as GL claims such as slip-and-falls. Coverage is available for your clients who sell electronics, jewelry, antiques, clothing, art, recreation vehicles, liquor or other goods.

At Burns & Wilcox our expertise becomes your expertise. Our marketing materials are designed to help you give your clients what they want to hear – yes to almost any hard-to-place-risk.

Applications for this product may vary. Please click below to find the office nearest to you for assistance.

Office Locations