Protection and Indemnity (P&I) Insurance can broaden your clients’ coverage to include the indeterminate risks associated with the ownership and operation of a vessel.
Protection and Indemnity (P&I) Insurance was specifically created to address the unique needs of the marine industry. As a leading provider of wholesale specialty insurance, Burns & Wilcox delivers the knowledge and resources needed to limit exposure to the financial damages resulting from third-party liabilities.
Coupled with our fast quotes, competitive rates, excellent client service, and unparalleled access to markets and products, it is no wonder Burns & Wilcox is a top-rated excess and surplus coverage wholesaler for commercial ocean marine products.
Owners of commercial vessels face many perils which can result in damage to their ship. With a vesselout of commission, owners of marine-based business may be at risk for lost revenue. With repairs costing upwards of hundreds of thousands of dollars, it is important to ensure that adequate coverage is in place to mitigate the financial burden of getting a vessel back in service.
Burns & Wilcox can provide access to coverage for a variety of commercial boats of all sizes and types. From charter boats to research vessels, Hull Insurance through Burns & Wilcox safeguards your clients from the financial strain caused by physical damage to their vessels and machinery.
As a leading provider of wholesale specialty insurance, Burns & Wilcox has the breadth of products and experience you need to provide your clients with intelligent solutions for their marine vessel needs.
Coverage Details and Features
Protection & Indemnity
- For third party liability covering property, bodily injury, and pollution & wreck removal
- Tower’s legal and cargo legal liability options available
- High limit P&I products offered
Hull & Machinery
- Comprehensive wordings with numerous other extensions available
- Transportation “On Land” conveyance
- Broad geographical trading warranties available
- Access to Domestic & London Markets
- Canadian Wide Representation
- In-house claims adjusting
- Tugs & Barges
- Research Vessels
- Tour Boats
- Cargo Carrying Vessels
- Workboats of all description
- Floating Lodges
- Fishing Vessels
- Sightseeing & Fishing Charters
- Builder's Risk Broad Form
At Burns & Wilcox our expertise becomes your expertise. Our marketing materials are designed to help you give your clients what they want to hear – yes to almost any hard-to-place-risk.