An architect recently paid $325,000 to settle a lawsuit after a school he designed was completed for more than double the expected cost and two years behind schedule. The nearly 38,000 architect and engineer businesses in Canada all have similar exposures that can lead to costly settlements.
Design errors, contract language, sustainability and subcontractor errors all play a role in shaping the risks facing businesses in this sector. In an industry generating $34 billion in annual revenue, there is significant opportunity for you to provide necessary coverage solutions.
Tailored Architects & Engineers Errors and Omissions Coverage can protect your clients from these risks as well as claims stemming from negligence, breach of contract, pollution and personal injury.
Coverage Details and Features
- Deductibles as low as $2,500 ($0 available on some classes)
- Premium starting at $1,500
- Worldwide coverage available
- Specific job excess
- Contingent Pollution Coverage available
- Contingent bodily injury and property damage
- General Liability package for some classes
- Personal Injury included
- Independent contractor coverage
- Duty to defend/pay on behalf of wording
(including but not limited to)
- Planning & Development Contractors
- Licensed Architects
- Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, HVAC/Plumbing, Structural Engineers
- Land Surveyors
- Interior design services
- Landscape Architects
- Construction Manager/Project Managers
- Oil/Gas/Geo/Soil Engineers
- Forensic Construction
- LEED/Energy Consultants/Designers
- Feasibility Studies
- Residential and/or condo exposure
- Joint Ventures
At Burns & Wilcox our expertise becomes your expertise. Our marketing materials are designed to help you give your clients what they want to hear – yes to almost any hard-to-place-risk.
Landscape contractor. Design build, $1M Contractors Professional, Contingent BI/PD and CPL
Process control/chemical engineer. $1M/$1M AE Professional, Tech Services/Product Coverage with Contingent CPL/BI/PD