Cannabis Coverage through Burns & Wilcox can help your clients manage the unique risks associated with operating medical marijuana growing facilities. The program is designed to help manage risks for building owners or leased facilities, providing comprehensive liability and property coverage in this up-and-coming, fast-growing industry. With unmatched medical marijuana expertise, we tailor our solidified mesh of cannabis insurance solutions as your clients’ operations expand from small local facilities, to large commercial growing operations. We have designed a flexible and adaptive product that ensures your client is constantly covered in this ever-changing legal environment.
Our program also extends to regulated cannabis dispensaries and other retail outlets which present their own unique set of risks and challenges. Your clients need to be conscious of a range of potential risks from theft, and employee dishonesty to equipment and building damages. Ensuring your clients have the appropriate insurance policy and risk management practices will safeguard them and their facilities from these threats.
For more information on Cannabis Coverage, contact the Burns & Wilcox office nearest to you.
Coverage Details and Features
- Premises liability (excluding products)
- Occurrence form
- Claims made form
- Coverage for commercial producers licensed under Part 1 of Health Canada’s ACMPR (Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations)
- No restrictions for extracts based on THC concentration, intended consumption method, or extraction method
- Monoline or packaged with premises GL
- Coverage for buildings, equipment, tenant’s improvements, stock, business income and extra expenses
- Coverage for all types of stock in various phases of production, including finished stock, growing plants, equipment, and components
- Equipment breakdown available
- Property extension available for broadened coverage
Cargo & Transit
- Broad coverage form on all perils basis including while in transit
- Available for grow facility owners or third party transportation services
- Standalone or packaged with on-premises stock coverage
Directors & Officers Liability
- Private & Public Directors & Officers Liability
- Designed to cover directors and officers in the volatile conditions of the medical marijuana marketplace
Cyber & Digital Liability
- Information security & systems breach for commercial medical marijuana producers
- Comprehensive coverage including Privacy Regulations, Cyber Extortion/Ransom, Cyber Crime, Brand Protection and Multimedia Liability
Sign Up for updates!
Receive the latest industry news from Insurance Market Source
Applications for this product may vary. Please click below to find the office nearest to you for assistance.Office Locations