Accidents occur with greater frequency than most might think. Globally, 20-50 million people are injured or disabled in road crashes each year. After suffering a debilitating injury or loss of limb, your clients may have difficulty making a living, earning an income and paying off costly medical bills, which can put a heavy financial burden on their family.
Personal Accident Insurance encompasses a broad range of coverage that can provide the necessary financial protection to your clients in the event of disability, injury or loss of limb. With in-house authority, Burns & Wilcox can customize policies with comprehensive benefits for individuals and professionals in entertainment, sports, affinity groups, mining, medicine and other industries.
Coverage Details and Features
Temporary Total Disablement (TTD): Insuring against injury or sickness that causes that covered person(s) inability to work.
- Benefit payable on a monthly basis in the amount selected
- Elimination Period is 30 to 180 days (Can accommodate a lesser period)
- Maximum number of months payable is 1 to 60
- Under recurrent disability, the covered person returns to work, but suffered a recurrence of TTD, the elimination period is only reapplied if the recurrence occurs after 60 days
Permanent Total Disablement (PTD): Insuring against injury or sickness that caused the covered person(s) to be permanently and irreversibly disabled and unable to carry our any occupation, profession or employment of any kind.
- Benefit payable in a lump sum
- Elimination period 12 months or following payout of all TTD benefits
- Options PTD can be purchased in conjunction with TTD or as stand-alone benefit. The lump sum can be selected at any financially justified level
High Limit Disability for situations where there is a contract, a guarantee, an obligation or a value related to a person’s ability to perform their occupation, such as:
- Partnership buyouts
- Corporate Buy/Sell
- Key Person Replacement
- Employment Contracts
- Loan Protection
- Institutions, educational facilities, financial institutions, hospitals, and mining corporations
- Performance Contracts
- Income Replacement
- Top Up
At Burns & Wilcox our expertise becomes your expertise. Our marketing materials are designed to help you give your clients what they want to hear – yes to almost any hard-to-place-risk.
Applications for this product may vary. Please click below to find the office nearest to you for assistance.Office Locations