Burns & Wilcox Connects You to Comprehensive Environmental Coverage
Our Environmental Centre of Excellence provides you with expert knowledge and access to specialty markets Environmental coverage is a very specialized area of insurance that requires a deep understanding of government regulation and the potential environmental losses that could arise from your clients’ businesses. The Burns & Wilcox Environmental & Construction Centre of Excellence, accessible through your local Burns & Wilcox office, provides brokers and agents with access to environmental specialists who can identify environmental exposures and deliver insurance solutions to address the specific environmental liabilities your clients may be vulnerable to.
Contractors Pollution Liability
When a contractor’s work causes pollution or disturbs an existing pollution condition, the contractor can be held liable for resulting damages. Most contractors don’t realize that even if they are not working with hazardous chemicals, they still face pollution liability risks that are typically not covered by a general liability policy.
Contractors Pollution Liability Coverage can protect your clients from losses caused by hidden or unanticipated pollution conditions.
Site Pollution Liability
Burns & Wilcox can provide Site Pollution Liability Coverage that can respond to cleanup costs, property damage and third party bodily injury associated with pollution arising from business operations. Contact us for solutions to manage your clients’ complex pollution risks.
When operating or owning a storage tank, it is important that the tank is maintained and checked routinely. If the tank is leaking or becomes damaged, the spilled gas or oil can contaminate the neighboring area. This could result in the storage tank owner being held liable for costly clean-ups and third-party damages. These situations are not covered by standard General Liability policies and require specific coverage.
Storage Tank Coverage through Burns & Wilcox builds on general liability policies to provide coverage specific to the unique environmental needs of operating or owning a storage tank. As a leading provider of excess and specialty insurance, Burns & Wilcox can provide intelligent insurance solutions to cover your clients from environmental exposures that may cause damage to their storage systems resulting in financial strain.
Coverage Details and Features
- Package General Liability, Contractors Pollution Liability & Professional Liability for Environmental Contractors and Consultants
- Stand-Alone Contractors Pollution Liability (CPL) for environmental and non-environmental contractors
- Professional Liability for environmental consultants and engineers
- First and/or Third-Party Fixed-Site Pollution Liability
- Storage Tank Pollution Liability
- Transportation Pollution Liability (TPL)
- Non-Owned Disposal Sites (NODS)
- Emergency response costs
- Natural resource damage
(including but not limited to)
- Environmental Contractors
- Fuel haulers
- Environmental Consultants
- Environmental Drilling Services
- Abatement & Remediation Contractors and Consultants
- Fire/Water Restoration Contractors
- Environmental Engineers
- Manufacturers and Distributors
- Recycling Facilities/Landfills
- Waste Treatment and Storage Facilities
- Oil & Gas
Ask an Expert
At Burns & Wilcox our expertise becomes your expertise. Our marketing materials are designed to help you give your clients what they want to hear – yes to almost any hard-to-place-risk.