Burns & Wilcox Connects You to Comprehensive Environmental Coverage
Our Environmental Centre of Excellence provides you with expert knowledge and access to specialty markets Environmental coverage is a very specialized area of insurance that requires a deep understanding of government regulation and the potential environmental losses that could arise from your clients’ businesses. The Burns & Wilcox Environmental & Construction Centre of Excellence, accessible through your local Burns & Wilcox office, provides brokers and agents with access to environmental specialists who can identify environmental exposures and deliver insurance solutions to address the specific environmental liabilities your clients may be vulnerable to.
Contractors Pollution Liability
When a contractor’s work causes pollution or disturbs an existing pollution condition, the contractor can be held liable for resulting damages. Most contractors don’t realize that even if they are not working with hazardous chemicals, they still face pollution liability risks that are typically not covered by a general liability policy.
Contractors Pollution Liability Coverage can protect your clients from losses caused by hidden or unanticipated pollution conditions.
Site Pollution Liability
Burns & Wilcox can provide Site Pollution Liability Coverage that can respond to cleanup costs, property damage and third party bodily injury associated with pollution arising from business operations. Contact us for solutions to manage your clients’ complex pollution risks.
There are currently 17,000 active storage tank systems in Canada storing petroleum and other hazardous substances. These tanks often leak due to corrosion, faulty installation or inadequate maintenance, oftentimes resulting in their contents contaminating surrounding soil and groundwater.
Authorities estimate that 15 percent of Canada’s storage tank systems are more than 20 years old with no leak detection, corrosion protection or structures to contain releases. Your clients need coverage to ensure they have readily available funds to assist them in the cleanup of a spill.
Storage Tank Coverage through Burns & Wilcox can provide access to coverage for first party clean up and third party property damage or bodily injury as well as defense limits in the event your clients are accused of contamination to a third party. Contact Burns & Wilcox to provide your clients with coverage for commercial storage tanks as well as policies for residential above ground storage tanks
Coverage Details and Features
- Package General Liability, Contractors Pollution Liability & Professional Liability for Environmental Contractors and Consultants
- Stand-Alone Contractors Pollution Liability (CPL) for environmental and non-environmental contractors
- Professional Liability for environmental consultants and engineers
- First and/or Third-Party Fixed-Site Pollution Liability
- Storage Tank Pollution Liability
- Transportation Pollution Liability (TPL)
- Non-Owned Disposal Sites (NODS)
- Emergency response costs
- Natural resource damage
(including but not limited to)
- Environmental Contractors
- Fuel haulers
- Environmental Consultants
- Environmental Drilling Services
- Abatement & Remediation Contractors and Consultants
- Fire/Water Restoration Contractors
- Environmental Engineers
- Manufacturers and Distributors
- Recycling Facilities/Landfills
- Waste Treatment and Storage Facilities
- Oil & Gas
Ask an Expert
At Burns & Wilcox our expertise becomes your expertise. Our marketing materials are designed to help you give your clients what they want to hear – yes to almost any hard-to-place-risk.